Inflammations can be severe, but if you know how to handle them, then you don’t have to worry. To start, you just need to put some of the anti-inflammatory veggies in your diet.
Cabbage, kale, and broccoli are great veggies because they contain anti-inflammatory properties, and phytochemicals such as lutein, indole-3-carbinol, thiocyanates, anthocyanins, and sulforaphane.
These veggies can also prevent colon cancer, prostate and breast cancer. When it comes to healthy nutrients inside red cabbage, they are vitamin A, C, E, K, B, as well as magnesium, fiber, manganese, iron, thiamin, riboflavin, pantothenic acid, and potassium. Since red cabbage contains sulfur-containing compounds, this veggie also has great detoxifying properties.
Health Benefits of Red Cabbage
- It prevents premature aging because it contains a lot of vitamin A.
- It boosts immunity because the vitamin C in red cabbage improves the function of white blood cells in the body.
- Increase weight loss process since it is high in minerals, vitamins, and dietary fiber, leaving you full for a longer time.
- Protects from Alzheimer’s disease because it contains anthocyanins that reduces the chances of the plaque that can cause memory loss.
- Improves eye health due to a high amount of vitamin C in it.
- Bones are protected when you use red cabbage because this veggie contains minerals that can contribute bone mineral density. If you consume red cabbage, you are protected from arthritis, osteoporosis, and all kinds of inflammation.
Purple Elixir Recipe
You will need:
- 1/4 red cabbage
- Half a cucumber
- 1 green apple
- Handful of fresh mint
- Handful of fresh basil
Just put all the ingredients in a blender, mix them well. Drink it as soon as you make it.