Do you know what enamel is? If you don’t know, here it is: Enamel is the thin outer covering of the tooth. Besides that, it is the hardest tissue in the human body, and it covers the visible part of the tooth.
You can see through the enamel because it is translucent. Underneath the enamel is dentin, which is the big part of the tooth and a part responsible for tooth color. It can be white, gray, yellowish. When it comes to enamel, there are lots of things that can stain it, such as fruit juices, red wine, cola or even tea.
The Function of Enamel
Enamel actually helps in the protection of your teeth from all kinds of activities, such as grinding, biting, and chewing. This part of your tooth is very hard, but it can crack too.
What is Enamel Erosion?
There are many things that can cause enamel erosion, a thing when acids wear away the enamel on your teeth.
- Genetics (inherited conditions)
- Acid reflux disease (GERD)
- Dry mouth or low salivary flow (xerostomia)
- Diet (high in sugar and starches)
- Fruit drinks (some acids in fruit drinks are more erosive than battery acid)
- Gastrointestinal problems
- Medications (aspirin, antihistamines)
- Excessive soft drink consumption (high levels of phosphoric and citric acids)
- Environmental factors (friction, wear and tear, stress, and corrosion)
New and Improved Toothpaste
A Japanese researcher Kazue Yamagishi created a toothpaste that is revolutionary when it comes to dental industry.
This paste will fill out all holes and cracks in your teeth, but also restore the tooth enamel. Without this paste, cracks and holes will stay forever, unless you go to your dentist. Regular toothpaste can help when it comes to teeth cleaning.
This all happens because this toothpaste contains ingredients that mimic tooth enamel and restore enamel where the cracks are. It looks similar to regular toothpaste, and you can use it regularly.
This formula contains chemical hydroxylapatite, also known as crystalline calcium phosphate, which makes up the main ingredient of our teeth. So, three minutes of brushing your teeth with this toothpaste, and the visit to the dentist will thing forgotten in the past.