Did you know that microwaves were actually discovered by accident? A guy named Percy LeBaron Spencer found out that radar waves can melt food. In fact, it was a candy bar in his pockets. The first microwave oven had his name, and was as large as a fridge.
However, recent research had shown that microwave ovens are not good for our bodies. To prove this we are first going to describe how microwaves actually work.
How do microwave ovens work?
When atoms revers their polarity, this event causes friction to create, vibrating the water inside the food. This is what heats up the food. Currents’ alterations can initiate atoms reversing their polarity.
Why are microwaves a hazard?
The frequency that has been proved to have a negative effect on a human organism is 10 hertz. When using the microwave there are more than two billion hertz. This becomes a problem when the microwave seal begins to leak. If you own one, don’t ever be close during its work, because there is no way to know which organ can get hurt.
Consequences can range from the head to the bones, including:
- Vulnerability to bacteria and viral infections
- Sever illnesses
- Birth defects
- Weaker immunity
How does the microwave change the structure of the food
Molecular bonds and chemical as well, get broken. Some scientists believe it also lowers the number of nutrients, and damages the remaining ones. Moreover, radiation from it, can destroy the food particles which can result in creation of radioactively dangerous compounds.
Breast milk, if microwaved loses almost 97% of the antibodies within it. Furthermore if infant formula is used, the amino acids it contains, or specifically their compounds can be altered resulting in immunological abnormalities. When ’92 study was conducted – for the purpose of discovering what happens with microwaved veggies, the results were the following: hemoglobin decrease, white blood cells decrease, increase of levels of cholesterol, increase in leukocytes.
Even if you try very carefully to always seal the microwave door that is still no solution. The problem is that electromagnetic fields can still get into your body. According to EPA calculations, if you stand around four inches from the microwave, you are exposed to dose almost 1000 times higher than the allowed one (the one that is not dangerous).
Next time when you think of microwave ovens as quick and convenient, think again!
Is it worth to save some time avoiding the conventional oven, if you lose most of the nutrients in your food? Is it worth to jeopardize the wellbeing of your family?