A mood disorder, commonly called depression is symptomized with bad mood and numerous different symptoms, varying from one person to another. It is frequent, and the mildest type shows that most people can carry on with their lifestyle if they have access to proper support and treatment. If it is in its serious forms, it can be quite devastating, sometimes even a life threat, which shows that one person mustn’t go through it alone.
Some of the indications include:
- Feelings of emptiness, sadness and anxiety
- Feeling of guilt and hopelessness
- Low energy levels and fatigue
- Restlessness and irritability
- Difficulties with focus and decision-making abilities
- Insomnia or excessive sleeping
- Suicidal behavior
The positive fact is that the nature gives us a blessing through great herbs like turmeric that can battle many and most of diseases. Turmeric aids in prevention of normal cells breakdown into cancerous cells, as well as offering benefits to Alzheimer’s disease patients. It can also reduce the LDL cholesterol levels and fight skin cancer. It has been used for stomach issues like pains, acidity and diarrhea, for arthritis, jaundice, liver disorders and a whole lot more.
Magical properties of turmeric:
- Full of antioxidants
- Extremely beneficial for the brain
- Anti-inflammatory properties
- Reduces chances of developing a heart disease
- Helps with tackling depression
How Turmeric helps in fighting depression?
Prozac is the most popular and common drug on the market for the purpose of dealing with depression. However, the synthetic drugs have been discovered to cause severe side effects like: breathing difficulties, stomach bleeding and suicidal behavior.
Studies of turmeric and its benefits discovered that the curcumin ingredient which is present in the herb, is quite productive in fighting major depressive disorders the same way like the previously mentioned drug, but the difference is that it does not have any side effects, contrary to the synthetic drug.
Turmeric Lemonade Recipe
- 4 cups of filtered or sparkling water
- Squeezed lemon or lime juice (one and a half)
- 4 tbsp. of 100% maple syrup, honey or Stevia if you are avoiding sugar
- The most important – 2 tbsp. of fresh turmeric (grated or powdered)
By preference: one freshly squeezed orange juice
Just mix all of the ingredients in a small pitcher, stir well and serve it! You can use a lemon slice if you want it to look pretty!