It is estimated that 5 – 10% of people in America suffer from sciatica and lower back pain. This painful condition is caused by irritation and compression on the lower back nerve.
The symptoms of sciatica are depicted as pain which starts from the lower spin and continues to the lower leg, and sometimes can progress to the foot.
- Intensive pain which can be increased while sitting
- Tingling and burning pain
- Pain which affects one of the legs and buttock
- Possibility for losing bladder and bowel control
What Causes Sciatica?
- Slipped disc. (90% of cases)
- Spondylolisthesis (a slipped disc)
- Spinal infections
- Spinal stenosis
- Cauda equine syndrome
- A direct injury
- Maintain proper posture
- Adjust your car seat to proper position while driving
- Practice proper lifting technique
- Sleep on firm mattress
- Strengthen your spinal muscles
Follow these 3 very effective exercises and prevent sciatica