We all use laurel as a spice in our kitchen, but did you know that you can use its leaves for healing?
Laurel leaves are tasty spice and they are used in the preparation of many meals, but you can also use it for the preparation of medicinal oil that has numerous health benefits. You can make this oil in your home, and you only need two ingredients. Here are just some benefits of bay leaves and a recipe for bay leaves oil.
Benefits of Bay Leaves
- It strengthens the immune system.
- Laurel leaves are used for joint pains and treat varicose veins.
- It reduces the colon.
- It increases and stimulates the sweating process.
- Calms the nervous system.
- Increases mental activity in general.
Laurel Leaves Oil
You will need:
- 30 grams of bay leaves.
- 250 ml of olive oil.
First, you need to grind the leaves with your hands or using mortar. Just crush them until they release a light oil and remember to use dry leaves.
When you’ve crushed them well, put them in the air tight container and cover them with olive oil. Close the container and leave it for two weeks in a cool and dry place.
After two weeks change the leaves with new ones (also crushed) to intensify the aroma. Leave it for two more weeks. After that strain the oil through the cotton cloth. Squeeze as much as you can so it will retain as little oil as possible.
Benefits of Laurel Oil
- Apply this oil on the affected joints to feel pain-free.
- Use it for a migraine.
- If you have severe headaches, you just need to massage this oil on the temples.
- It will improve your appetite.
- It will eliminate pain into the stomach.
- It is great lotion against pimples and acne.
- It normalizes renal and hepatic functions.