Your whole day has gone wrong because of the feeling that you have carillons ringing in your head and is making you feel extremely uncomfortable. Light can be your enemy. These are signs of migraine. The almighty migraine that is so hard to stop and control. However, there are natural remedies for everything, including migraine.
You might be interested in the reason, or the cause of migraines. After all you want to get to know the “bad guy” before you get rid of him, or her in this case. The cause can be genetics, hormones, allergies, sensitivity to specific substances.
If you had history with this condition within your family, especially if your parents or grandparents had it, the chances you will have it too, are high. Around 90% of migraines are caused by allergies, as recent studies have shown. A large percentage of migraine sufferers were relieved when they had eliminated food products that are sensitivity – causing. When it comes to hormones, there is association considering women, to the monthly cycle.
Also, people that have irregularities with copper metabolism are especially vulnerable to this kind of conditions – like migraine. There is lack of magnesium in migraine sufferers organism, during and before/after attacks.
Stress is a big supporter of migraine, so you should try to avoid it to decrease migraines.
You can try aromatherapy. It will help for pain and stress relief.
- If you have aroma lap, a bowl or a diffuser fill it with water and add 2 peppermint oil drops and two drops Melissa oil.
- If you want to massage your temple the real combo is with lavender and oil of peppermint. Use this to decrease aches.
- Bath can help as well. Make sure the water is warm and add peppermint or eucalyptus and stay in for around half an hour.
- You can also use ice with two drops of peppermint, marjoram oil and ginger and add ice water. Wet a towel in the liquid and keep it on your neck or our forehead or both.
- You can also try steam therapy. Pour two pints of boiled water in a big container add 2 drops peppermint and lavender, and one drop Melissa oil. Stay above the container, cover your head and inhale with your nose. Inhale deeply. Do this for ten minutes.
- Other essential oils that can help you are basil, lemon, rosemary, onion and anise. Coriander can be of big help too.
There are some other natural remedies broadly used among the people.
- Soak a towel with vinegar, keep it refrigerated for a while. Use it on your neck, forehead and temples. Inhaling a water and vinegar will help too.
- You can make salt packs if you roast one cup of salt, then pour it in a linen cloth and fold it. Apply to the head.
- Foot bath made with herbs is great for relief. Powdered mustard or ginger added in hot water can do wonders! Keep your feet in this bath for about 13 minutes or so. You can also do a cool bath. After just icy bath, relief will take in.
- For better circulation you can try changing the water from warm to cold and vice versa. Do this every day for a couple months and things will get better!
- Wash your wrists in cold and warm water. You can use the sink to help you.
- Almond contain natural remedy like aspirin and this can be a source of help! Raw honey (one teaspoon) will do the same work if consumed every hour.
- Headache tonic is made with water and little pieces of chopped garlic, a bit of honey, coriander seeds and ginger root. Boil it and leave half of it to boil off. Afterwards, drink what’s left for a few times a day. A different kind of tonic is made of honey and apple cider vinegar. This will help you keep your body pH balance. You can also inhale steam from this mixture if the taste is too strong for you.
- You can also use a paper bag to inhale and exhale. The CO2 you exhale can stop an attack that is about to happen.
- Wearing headband might offer help too. This method has been more used in Eastern cultures. But it doesn’t hurt to try it out!
- Making tea of horehound leaves, chamomile and meadowsweet will be a soothing remedy.
Anyway, since stress is what is the main cause of attacks, try to change your lifestyle, towards one that is healthier. Take time to relax, and eliminate stress as much as you can!