This recipe is really simple and yummy, yet healthy, since it is full of fiber, good fats and protein. It has low content of carbs, and it also helps our organism with blood sugar regulation and fat burning.
Ingredients and Instructions
- One and a half cups of coconut flakes (shredded)
- Half a cup of high-quality protein powder
- Half a cup of sunflower seeds
- Fourth a cup of honey
- One tsp. vanilla and cinnamon
- Two tbsp. coconut oil
- One eight of a cup of water
First, preheat the oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit. Then, chop the sunflower seeds or blend other type of nuts you’d like to use, until they are broken into chunks. Put all of the ingredients in a bowl, mixing them together. If you see that it is too crumbly add more coconut oil or water. After that is done, scoop cookies onto a cookie pan, apply a bit of pressure with the hand to make them more flat. You will have enough to make 18 cookies. Bake them for about fifteen minutes.
- If you don’t want to use sunflower seeds you can use two cups of coconut shreds instead
- Any nuts or seeds may be used
- It depends on you whether you want to use flavored or non-flavored protein.
Please be aware that if you are devoted to autoimmune diet, you would like to avoid the sunflower seeds and use the extra coconut flakes instead. These are rich with medium chain fats that aide us in burning fat and in providing energy for the body and the brain. Additionally, they represent a good fiber to the microbiome.