We all love our pets and there is no arguing about that. But what is interesting is the fact that people are divided when it comes to letting their pets lick them. Is it dangerous or not?
Your dog will never hurt you, and that is a fact. But what happens when your pup tries to lick you. Will that hurt your health? There is a myth that a dog’s mouth is cleaner than ours, but that is just a myth. You don’t need an expert to confirm you that, just take a look or smell your dog’s mouth.
We can get a lot of bacteria from the dog’s mouth and many people are not aware of that. The worst part is that their muzzles too are full of bacteria since they spend a lot of time licking and sniffing nasty things such as some other dog’s butt.
In many dog’s mouths, you can find capnocytophaga canimorsus bacteria presence and that bacteria can make severe infection. There is also a danger of a ringworm infection and MRSA infection. The last one creates bad lesions and it can be transferred by just one lick.
The dog carries those bacteria without any problem just like we carry some other kind of the bacteria in our mouth. Besides all the other infections, you can also get staphylococcus aureus problems. And these bacteria are related to MRSA, but it is easier to get rid of. So if you are not sure whether you should let your dog lick you or not, my advice is not to.