You probably have Epsom salt lying around your house, and if you do, then you should know these 20 ways to use it.
This mineral got popular because of healing benefits and also because it is great when it comes to cleaning and gardening. You can use it numerous ways, but these are the top 20.
1. Face Wash – Just mix Epsom salt with liquid soap or even face cream, and then apply it on your skin. You will end up with gentle and fresh skin.
2. Remove a Bruise – Mix a bit of water with 2 tablespoons of Epsom salt and apply on the bruise. It will fade in a no time.
3. Remove a Splinter – If you have a splinter stuck somewhere on your skin, put a bit of Epsom salt over it and it will help in pulling it to the surface.
4. Watering Plants – Put a couple of tablespoons of this salt in a water you use to water your houseplants.
5. Protect Plants – Just add Epson salt to the grass or plants, and it will keep the bugs away.
6. Bathroom Cleaner – If you want for your bathroom to be clean, just mix one-part liquid dish soap with one part Epsom salt and scrub everything with it.
7. Clean Hair – If you have problems with greasy hair, just put a bit of Epsom salt to the shampoo. Wash and rinse and excess salt will be eliminated.
8. Deflake the lips – Remove dead skin cells from the lips with a mix of Epsom salt mixed with petroleum jelly. Just massage your lips with this mixture.
9. Foot scrub – Cracked heels and dry skin don’t look so pretty so if you combine a cup of Epsom salt with olive oil, some essential oil, and castile soap and scrub your feet with it, you will have nice and pretty feet.
10. Alleviate Muscle Pain – Make yourself an Epsom salt bath and enjoy while your muscles are getting free of pain.
11. Sleep More – Just make yourself an Epsom bath and stay in it for 20 minutes to relax and have a better night’s sleep.
12. Clean the Washer – If you want to clean the washing machine, just fill it with hot water and add Epsom salt. Run a regular cycle and it will be sparkling clean.
13. Boost your Roses – Your roses will be thankful to you if you add a tablespoon of Epsom salt to the soil.
14. Ease Constipation – Drink a teaspoon of Epsom salt with a glass of water. Magnesium in it will help things flow.
15. Ease Hangovers – Too much red wine can cause severe hangovers. Just mix a teaspoon of Epsom salt with a bit of water and you will feel fine. Remember to drink a lot of water too.
16. Alleviate Headache – Headaches can be a bit of a problem when you have to work and concentrate. Make yourself an Epsom salt bath and after that, you will feel like a brand new person.
17. Plant fertilizer – Just add one tablespoon of Epsom salt to the plant soil and they will grow faster and better.
18. Green Up the Grass – If you want your grass to be green, add two tablespoons of Epsom salt to the gallon of water and sprinkle it over the grass. It will be green thanks to magnesium.
19. Keep Slugs Away – Sprinkle a bit of salt on your patio and slugs will stay away when it starts to rain.
20. Add Volume to Your Hair – Mix the same amount of Epsom salt and hair conditioner and then heat this mixture in a pan. Massage your hair with this mixture, starting at the roots, working your way down. After 20 minutes, rinse it. Your hair will get in volume and you will get rid of frizz.