A lot of research has been carried out and has been confirmed that cinnamon and honey help during digestion and weight loss process.
Benefits of honey
Honey has been used for its medicinal properties for time immemorial. It is a natural product which consists of many minerals and vitamins. Unlike refined sugar it can also be used as a sweetener without worrying too much about gaining calories.
It can be easily digested and assimilated by our body and consists of many nutrients like protein, water, sugar, fibers, minerals, etc. it is also rich in potassium, sodium, zinc, Phosphorus, as well as calcium. Besides this it is a rich source of many vitamins like vitamin C, B complex, etc.
Benefits of cinnamon
Most of us know of cinnamon as a common spice used in the kitchen for adding taste to our food. However, besides being a very delicious spice it also has a number of medicinal properties and has traditionally been used as a medicine for thousands of years.
A lot of research has been carried now out and has been confirmed that it is truly a magical spice that can help in many medical conditions.
- It is loaded with polyphenols that have an amazing antioxidant quality.
- It is known to fight any infections and repair tissues damage in the body.
- Not only that it can also help in down bringing down the blood pressure does reducing the risk of heart disease
- Lately it has been recommended for treatment of diabetes too, since it has effect on reducing the insulin resistance.
Knowing so much about the health benefits of both Cinnamon and honey it would but natural to use them together and it works like a magic potion for weight control. We can call it truly magical because it accelerates metabolism and helps in reducing the excessive weight without doing anything much.
- Mix 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon with a cup of hot water and let it cool.
- Add a full teaspoon of raw, organic honey to the cinnamon/water mixture after it has cooled.
Take the mixture immediately after you wake up and wait 30 minutes before having your first breakfast meal.