Asthma attacks can be very serious and they can cause numerous health problems. Asthma is caused by chronic inflammation and thickening of the bronchial tubes. If you have asthma attacks, keep on reading and find a powerful remedy that will help you.
Asthma attacks are caused when the lungs are irritated, causing the tightening of the muscles, which produces phlegm mucus in the throat. There are also wheezing, coughing and a shortness of breath.
Of course, all people with asthma use inhalers that help them to inhale medicine into the lungs. But, some of you don’t know that these inhalers can cause health problems. Good thing, though, is that you can improve your health state without inhalers.
Believe it or not, there are many foods that can help you to reduce the use of inhalers and soothe the asthma attacks. One of the best food for that is carrot. Just make carrot juice and add few ribs of celery, and you will get a powerful anti-asthma cure.
This happens because a high intake of beta-carotene and vitamin C that also contains flavonoids. All mixed together, it increases the lung capacity and decreases respiratory problems. You will be asthma, emphysema and bronchitis free.
Besides carrots, here are also some other foods that are great when it comes to fighting asthma:
- ¼ pineapple+ 1 fennel+ 8-10 leaves of kale+ 3-4 radish(pungent)+ ½ lemon
- 2 cups of strawberries+ 1 cup cranberries+ 1 pomegranate
- 1 oz. (1 shot) wheatgrass juice+ a squeeze of lemon juice
- ¼ pineapple+ 1 cucumber+ 2 capsicums (yellow/red) + ½ bunch watercress+ ½ lemon
- 2 green apples+ 6 ribs celery+ a bunch of spinach+ a bunch of parsley+ ¼ lemon
- 1 cucumber+ 2 medium-sized beetroots+ 3 sticks lemongrass+ ½ lemon
Just like there are some foods that can help you with asthma, there are also others that are not so good. Try avoiding them:
- Sodium and monosodium glutamate
- Citrus fruits
- Animal products like eggs, cow milk, dairy, meat (beef, pork, mutton, chicken and fish)
- Alcohol and soft drinks
- Vegetable oil like corn, sunflower, safflower
Even though you should avoid citrus fruit, lemon is good for you, and it is beneficial when it comes to fighting asthma. It contains vitamin C and also anti-asthmatic properties; you should drink lemon juice as often as you can.