Natural sea salt is healthy, has therapeutic properties, but before we reveal the benefits it offers, you have to know that it is created by natural processes of washing up salty water when all of its ingredients are preserved. Thanks to over 80 elements it contains, sea salt has a magical effect on our health, skin and hair.
The biggest difference is in sea salt and cooking salt which sinks and when dried at more than 1000 degrees Fahrenheit it changes its chemical structure so it does not contain the necessary elements and minerals like the natural salt.
In sea salt, besides sodium chloride, among the 80 different elements are potassium, magnesium and manganese, which is what makes it so good for our health, hair and skin.
1. Sea salt has alkalizing effect which helps in balancing different acids in the body and it so eliminates potential risks of fatal diseases.
2. It can strengthen the immune system content, and the body then becomes more resistant to different autoimmune diseases like flu, allergies etc.
3. It has significant effect on the cardiovascular system. Doctors have proved that regular consumption of sea salt solution with water can significantly decrease the amount of “bad” cholesterol in the body. It also keeps the blood pressure under control and it normalizes the irregularities in the heart function.
4. Metabolic disorders like diabetes can be successfully treated by sea salt because it helps in decrease of the sugar in the blood.
5. More than 20% of sodium in our body is accumulated in the bones which can be damaged when there is a lack of minerals in the blood and the body liquids. Adding sea salt in the diet can help you avoid and delay osteoporosis.
6. Sea salt is also useful for the pulmonary tract, and minerals and structural parts of algae which the sea salt contains help in recovery of the mucus. Sea salt has also mild antiseptic and antibacterial effect which is attributed to the calcium and magnesium ions.
7. It is a good source of potassium (which makes the functioning of muscle fibers easier), so sea salt has also a good effect on cramps.
8. Sea salt is considered as a natural cleanser of the blood. It contains a great amount of vitamin C which works as antioxidant and it destroys free radicals. Magnesium on the other hand, enables efficient work of the antioxidant. That is how the sea salt enables detoxification from toxins which skin cells absorb
9. As salt eliminates the toxins from the body, the skin because soft and healthy. That is why baths with sea salt are so good for its tonus. The bath will initiate elimination of excess of water from the skin and connecting tissues, which stops accumulation of this excess liquids so the skin becomes firmer, softer and healthier.
10. Sea salt is full of vitamins and minerals of vital importance for cells functioning. These beneficial things can improve the cell metabolism, maintaining the hydration of the tissues, increase the strength of the cell membranes.
11. Calcium helps in cleansing the skin pores.
12. Sea salt is ideal as a natural skin pilling because its texture helps in removing the upper layer of dead skin cells
13. Sea salt is a natural cure for greasy hair. It can absorb the excess of oil from the hair roots and make it healthier and softer.
14. With the help of the minerals, the hair will get the desired volume. Moreover, the sea salt can provide sufficient nutrients for the follicles.
15. Sea salt is great in fighting dandruff, preventing skin from getting too dry.